Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Resolutions and Year-End Review

And so, another year passes. 2011, you have been a harsh mistress and you won't be missed. I know that many of you have had a rough year as well. There have been a few highlights, but overall - pretty blah. Here's hoping that 2012 will be more forgiving.

The list below not only contains my next set of resolutions, but also a review on what I've accomplished.

1) Reach my goal weight - I've lost about 33lbs. this year and whittled down from a size 8 to a size 4US (or 3/5 juniors). Yay! So I've accomplished my weight loss goal (20lbs.) and went 13 lbs. beyond that. My friend, Jane got me hooked on MyFitnessPal (username is mjrojas if you wish to add me), a free online diary where you can keep track of your daily fitness and caloric intake. Using this diary has made me become more conscious of what and how much I eat, as well as motivate me to exercise more. It's been very well the far most effective weight loss plan I've ever used - and I've done 'em all!

Now all I need is to lose the last 15lbs., which I should achieve come this spring. I wanna buy up and rock some skinny jeans in all the colors of the rainbow!

2) I've surpassed my 300 sales goal, that is if you count all sales outside of Etsy. I'm still adding up the total, but I know it's far more than 300. Perhaps I should go for 1,000 in 2012?

3) Accomplished goal #3 by partaking in Underground Artists Market's fall craft show. Not that many people showed up due to the freak snowstorm that weekend, but I managed to make some sales and network with a some wonderful vendors and and a few customers.

I'll definitely try to participate in more craft shows, especially People's Choice. I will need to invest in an EZ-Up tent and stuff to outfit said tent. I still prefer indoor craft shows, though. :P

4) I didn't get to take Marduk out for as many walks as I'd like to this year, due to work and personal stuff, but I'll try harder this time. I'd love to take up hiking, just some easy trails for us.

5) Again, did not achieve the interior re-painting for parts of the house, and I still have the floor left to scrub and paint in the art studio. Will try to get the formal living room done this January and go from there.

6) I finally got around to replacing the nasty 20+ year-old carpeting in the den with some gorgeous acacia hardwood flooring that I got on clearance at SimpleFloors. I still have to find proper matching thresholds (the most difficult task) and install those, but other than that, it's all done.

7) Hallway bathroom renovation has not been done yet, although I don't really count this as a goal. I did acquire some new hardware and accessories and have also found the toilet, tub, vanity, tiles and fixtures I want to buy.

8) I did manage to work on some kimono and kanzashi stuff for myself and for a few clients. Hope to make plenty more of the stuff this time around, I've been drafting out some concepts for a new collection. I even snatched up a nice ro silk momiji bolt that will be turned into a hikizuri.

9) Did not get into RCIA this year. My friend, Ant has attempted to contact the local parish several times but got no response. I even went down there by myself to find the office closed. By his last attempt, it was already too late. :/ Oh well, just need to make more in-person visits.

10) Need to better organize my shtuff - take care of things right away, not at the last minute. Trying not to pile so much work on my plate.

11) And last, but not least, is to try not to overwork myself and relax more. I really need to get back to doing more personal artwork and try to venture out of this boring town. I could kill for a vacation right about now, or at the very least, a nice day at a spa.


What's your New Year's resolution?

0 comments: