Monday, February 17, 2014

BurdaStyle 118A Cowl Dress Review

Pattern: BurdaStyle 118A Cowl Dress. From the Modern Minimalist Collection

After a recent closet purge of clothing I can no longer wear/haven't worn in over a year, I found my wardrobe surprisingly...bare. Which is great since it gives me an excuse to make moar cute clothes!

I used black cotton poplin fabric and a 22" invisible zipper that I purchased from Jo-Anns while they were on sale. I've also made a few minor alterations to the dress pattern - namely scooping the back a bit lower and folding/stitching the cowl part flat to imitate the blouse version from the same collection. I've also added slits to the side seams for ease of movement and to make said dress slightly daring. No errors/flaws were found in the pattern pieces.


The dress fit like a glove upon trying it on and felt absolutely comfortable throughout the entire day. My only complaint was the fabric itself, as it had the tendency to attract lint and pieces of thread like a mofo, but it's nothing that a lint roller can't handle.


I should note that if you purchase patterns from BurdaStyle, you MUST add the seam allowances yourself when re-tracing your size onto tracing paper, as they do not include them in the PDF printouts (unless they specify otherwise).





0 comments: