Monday, January 26, 2009

New Kanzashi



Something more simple for everyday use :)

For the next one, I wanted to make a kanzashi that celebrated the month of March, and ultimately Saint Patrick's day. Originally, I wanted the main flower to be a black rose for the Irish theme, but it didn't pan out so well. It was just one of those days when the dye wouldn't set in evenly into the silk, and that it was much too cold and humid for the glue to dry quickly enough to form the petals. So I went with the camellia (not native to Ireland, but it's still a March motif). I decided to stray a bit from the more traditional-looking kanzashi and have the seven, four-leaf clovers crest over the camellia. On top of that, I added seven Swarovski AB crystals to the hand-dyed velvet leaves. For extra luck.



Click the images to head over to the listings!

0 comments: