Thursday, May 1, 2014

Vogue V1378 Pattern (Jersey Top Portion)



(Please note that I was not, nor ever, endorsed by the McCall Pattern Company to blog about their patterns. I'm just one of their many customers who enjoys sewing.)

This pattern gave me a great excuse to finally use the ivory jersey fabric I had in my stash for several years...yes, yeh heard me. Several. Years.

The top looks much better when actually worn than on the dress form, I swear. With McCall Company's patterns for stretchy fabrics, I always go one size down than usual for a better fit. The only alteration I made in this pattern was that I made 3/4 sleeves instead of long sleeves, due to the fact that I didn't have much of the fabric left over.




The top is quite flattering and looks fantastic paired with leggings or skinny jeans. My only complaint is that the surplice wraparound neckline is somewhat loose, which can cause some potential wardrobe malfunctions if worn alone. The issue was easily fixed by wearing a tank top or camisole underneath. At some point down the road when I get the motivation, I'll sew on some snaps to keep the neckline secured.

You can buy Vogue V1378 pattern here.


0 comments: