Monday, May 25, 2009

Product Review Follow-Up: FitFlops

After trying the FitFlops for about a week, I'm disappointed to find that they're not quite worth the $50 I spent. I could walk around well enough with them, but the center strap of the thong irritated the skin between my toes. Also, due to the thickness of the soles, I had some difficulty driving around with them on, so I went barefoot during FitFlop days.

Ultimately, I got far more effective results from only thirty minutes on the elliptical (at a moderate pace) than a full-weeks worth of walking around in FitFlops. I'm not saying these sandals don't work at all, but don't expect that they'll contribute much to your weight loss if you work out 3-5 times a week. Personally, I prefer my $20 Adidas slide-in sandals (with the massaging foam soles) over the more expensive FitFlops.

0 comments: