Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wedding and Maid of Honor kimono

Tony and I are thinking the theme colors may be black or ivory (the dominant one), followed by blues and greens, with a hint of royal purple. I've been hunting all over the internet to gather the necessary garments and accessories. Since I'm making my own furisode hikizuri, I'm thinking of going with ro silk. It's one of my absolute favorite fabrics because of its crisp hand and It's easy to sew. Still not 100% sure on the motifs. Sea shells/starfish with sea grass? Sakura and wisteria? willow and carp? I'm torn! For Myriam, I was thinking of a light aqua ro iromuji with either an ivory nagoya obi with similar motifs, teal obiage/obijime and a simple ivory kanzashi hairpin. It'll also make a great gift that she can wear over and over again long after the wedding :) The guys will be wearing tuxes, of course. :P

2 comments:

tera said...

It sounds lovely, whatever you choose! As I was reading I was thinking, oooh, shells and starfish, my favorite! Then, oooh, I love wisteria! Then...but willow and carp sounds so pretty too!!
I have no idea how you are going to decide. Myself, I may have to do some artwork, now, you have inspired me!

ps. funny bit - when I first saw the title of this I thought it said "Welding and Maid of Honor..." and I was really confused!

MJ Rojas said...

I'm having such a tough time deciding! I've been putting together a collection of kimono with designs I like and could potentially replicate. I'll either post a poll or just do some coin flips.

"ps. funny bit - when I first saw the title of this I thought it said "Welding and Maid of Honor..." and I was really confused!"

Heehee!