Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oni Head Work-in-Progress Update


After not touching this drawing over the past few months, I've decided to pick it back up and resume work. I've added detail work primarily in the hair with pencil, though it's kinda hard to see the individual strands of hair from my cell phone's shoddy camera. Also added shading in the face and horns.

My original intention was for this oni head piece to be silkscreened onto clothing, but I'm concerned that the fine lines won't transfer during the exposure part, even with a higher mesh. I'll try to find a way around this issue, probably by thickening the line work a bit more. Even then, should this particular design actually does go to screen printing, it will probably only be offered in dark inks on lighter garments. For now, Oni-san will be released in giclee print and greeting card format.


0 comments: