Sunday, January 24, 2010

Product Review: "I'm in Love" Organic Shampoo

I truly am in love...with Luscious Lather's "I'm in Love Healthy Hair and Scalp" organic shampoo! Seriously, this has got to be the best shampoo I've tried so far. And no, the seller did not ask me at all to say this, I'm sharing my genuine opinion on this product.

It all started back when I was living at my old apartment. For those who knew me long enough know that my hair was uber thick, wiry and had exceptional volume. But over the course of my time there (about a year and a half), I noticed that my hair was feeling (and looking!) thinner. Even when I was at my friend's wedding, she pointed out how thin my hair was while she was cutting it. And she was right. By that point, much of my scalp was showing. She suggested that I stay away from hot water when I shampoo, which she was also right about. I realized that I have been showering with hot water too much, combined with keeping my head wrapped in a towel for too long afterwards. I know this may sound shallow and trivial, but having thick hair is very important for me. It's one of the few things I have going for me, appearance-wise. And because I was losing said hair, I sank into depression for a while.

After collecting myself, I began researching the reversal, or at least the slowing of hair loss. Genes wasn't an issue since I inherited my dad's thick hair. Diet was obviously an important factor, which I had covered (I've been eating healthily for the most part for a while by that point). Then there was also the fact that we get nothing but hard water in our apartment. And lastly, product also plays a significant part. Most shampoos bought in your typical, big-box store contain crap ingredients like sulfates and paraben - stuff that will make your hair dry 'n' crunchy, thus making the shaft weak and break off. And what made the problem worse was that sulfate-free shampoos were difficult to come across. So I tried Etsy, and lo and behold, I stumbled on a few sellers that catered to what I needed. And Luscious Lather 's sales pitch was what won me over, so I gave her shampoo a shot.

Her "I'm in Love" shampoo (which comes in an 8 oz. squeeze bottle) is 78% organic, contains no sulfates or paraben and is vegan-friendly. Aside from aiding in the prevention of hair loss, it's also great for other scalp conditions such as eczema, dandruff, graying hair and more. It also smells loverly, too. :)

According to her suggestions, I used a small amount at a time - slightly larger than a quarter. It was substantial enough for my entire scalp, and it lathered very well. Keeping my friend's previous advice in mind, I showered with luke warm water. I lathered my hair for about fifteen seconds before I left it on for about a minute or so before rinsing. I've also read that massaging the scalp for a few minutes each day after showering help encourage blood circulation to the scalp, which in turn encourage new hair growth. Furthermore, I allowed my hair to air dry as opposed to using the blow dryer. After a month and half of this routine, I noticed that my hair started feeling fuller again. Not quite as thick as it used to be, but an improvement, nonetheless. Of course, continuous use is necessary if I want to see complete results. I'm currently on my second bottle in month four, and I'm noticing lots of new hair sprouting from my scalp. My hair is now feeling like its original thickness and my self-esteem has improved. Not only that, my hair also feels much more healthy and shiny. Definitely one satisfied customer!

I'm still keeping on my diet and exercise in conjunction with using said shampoo. On top of which, my new house has a water softener - a definite plus in this situation. I highly recommend Luscious Lather's wonderful products, and if you don't believe me, you can check out the testimonials from her other satisfied customers in her feedback!

(Photo taken from the shop listing)

Ingredients (from listing): Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavandula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium d-Pantothenate (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Neem Oil, Essential Oil Blend.

Caution: Avoid use if you are pregnant.

0 comments: